Versatile VEGAN cupcake recipe, adapted from a recipe by R. Robertson.
3/4 C. nondairy milk
1 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. neutral oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tins with papers (seriously, I skipped this step once and regretted it).
2. In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir in milk mix. Stir in dry mix and stir until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the tins. Bake about 20 minutes.
Coconut -- use coconut extract instead of vanilla and coconut milk as your nondairy milk
Lemon -- use lemon extract instead of vanilla and add lemon zest to batter
Spice (pictured) -- Add 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. each of allspice, nutmeg and ginger